Laser Micromachining & Welding Services
Capacity: Norman Noble, Inc. is the largest U.S.-based laser contract manufacturer. With more than 130 proprietary laser machining systems across three facilities, our capacity is unmatched.
Capabilities: We integrate and develop our own proprietary laser machining technologies, which enables us to provide the highly efficient manufacturing processes required to help our customers bring innovative products to market.
- Laser Machining - As medical device requirements get more complex, we continue to update our laser systems enabling us to manufacture highly precise components at an extreme level of speed and accuracy. The proprietary technology we use, dubbed Millennium Focus, produces throughputs 3 times faster than conventional laser systems and maintains accuracies of +/- .0001” through an entire production run. We have the capability to machine components from tubular and flat stock in a wide variety of materials for numerous applications, including:
Laser Machining Materials:
- Stainless Steel Alloys
- Cobalt Chrome
- Bioabsorbable Materials
Laser Machining Product Applications:
- Vascular Stents
- Resorbable Scaffolds
- Heart Valve Frames
- Self Ligating Orthodontic Clips
- Vessel Closure Implant Clips
- Vena Cava Filters
- Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) Heart Implants
- Neurovascular Devices
Read more about our Stent Manufacturing capabilities.
- Athermal Laser Machining - Norman Noble, Inc. continues to lead through innovation with Noble S.T.E.A.L.T.H. SM (System To Enable Ablation Laser Technology Haz-free). This athermal laser machining process was developed to create highly precise features in any material, such as bioabsorbable polymers, shape memory metals and other exotic alloys without producing any heat affected zone (HAZ). The new process supports Norman Noble’s customers’ technically advancing manufacturing requirements in the medical and aerospace industries. Read more about Norman Noble's athermal laser machining capabilities.
Athermal Laser Product Applications:
- Bioabsorbable Vascular Scaffolds
- Nitinol Vascular Stents
- Nitinol Heart Valves
- Vena Cava Filters
- Neurovascular Clot Pullers
- Vessel Closure Devices
- BioResorbable Materials and Polymers
- Laser Welding - Our experienced, laser process engineering team has developed unique welding technologies that provide us the ability to weld exotic-grade metals and many types of dissimilar materials. This is especially effective for thin-walled, tubular medical components. No filler materials are used in our laser welding processes, which are conducted in an inert atmosphere, including: penetration, spot, seam, structural and hermetic-seal welds. Our laser welding medical device services are offered as a validated process and can be performed in our available cleanroom environment.
Laser Welding Material Applications:
- Stainless to Stainless
- Stainless to Platinum
- Stainless to Kovar
- Stainless to Tantalum
- Molybdenum to Stainless
- Nickel to Nickel
- Nitinol to Nitinol (DFM Required)
- Platinum to Platinum
- Titanium to Titanium
- Tungsten to Nickel
- Noble SynchroFlash Machining - Noble SynchroFlash is a new capability that combines Swiss turning & milling with laser machining to create one, highly efficient and cost-effective operation. Noble SynchroFlash provides cost savings, faster production, better quality and higher yields versus competing manufacturing methods, which require multiple, separate processes.
Our experienced team of engineers work within our Process Development Centers (PDCs) to develop and validate the most efficient manufacturing methods required to machine your medtech product innovations to exact drawing specifications.
Norman Noble’s expertise in laser machining and welding is a result of decades of hands-on experience. We are dedicated to improving our laser manufacturing capabilities, through the proprietary design of innovative laser machining systems & processes. We are constantly striving to find new and better ways to manufacture products that depend on ultra-precision micromachining for our customers. Working closely with them we are able to develop the most efficient custom tooling and parameters to manufacture their products.
Nitinol Tubing: Please review our Nitinol Tubing Inventory List of material sizes available for Norman Noble, Inc. process development & manufacturing of NiTinol prototypes. Additional material sizes are available based on project requirements.