Laser Micromachining & Welding Services
Capacity: Norman Noble, Inc. is the largest U.S. based laser contract manufacturer with a capacity of over 130 proprietary laser machining systems across three facilities. Our separate, fully dedicated Laser Process Development Center includes 15 proprietary laser systems for project specific development activities and prototype manufacturing. Our Production laser departments utilize identical equipment to our Process Development Centers to enable a seamless transition from prototype to full-production requirements for each project.
Capabilities: We integrate and develop our own proprietary laser machining technologies, which enable us to provide the most efficient manufacturing processes required to help our customers’ bring innovative products to market.
- Laser Machining - As medical device requirements get more complex, we continue to update our laser systems allowing us to manufacture these highly precise components at an extreme level of speed and accuracy. The proprietary technology we utilize, dubbed Millennium Focus, produces throughputs 3x faster than conventional laser systems and maintains accuracies of +/- .0001” through an entire production run. We have the capability to machine components from tubular and flat stock in a wide variety of materials, including:
- Stainless Steel Alloys
- Cobalt Chrome
- Bioabsorbable Materials
- Vascular Stents and Scaffolds
- Heart Valve Frames
- Self Ligating Orthodontic Clips
- Vessel Closure Implant Clips
- Inferior Vena Cava Filters
- PFO Heart Implants
Visit our Stent Manufacturing page for more detailed information about our capabilities.
- Athermal Laser Machining - Norman Noble, Inc. continues to lead through innovation with the launch of Noble S.T.E.A.L.T.H. SM (System To Enable Ablation Laser Technology Haz-free). This athermal laser machining process was developed to create highly precise features in any material, such as bioabsorbable polymers, shape memory metals and other exotic alloys without producing any heat affected zone (HAZ). The new process supports Norman Noble’s customers’ technically advancing manufacturing requirements in the medical and aerospace industries. Visit our Athermal Laser Machining page for more detailed information.
- Bioabsorbable Vascular Scaffolds
- NiTinol Vascular Stents
- NiTinol Heart Valve Components
- BioResorbable Polymers
- Laser Welding - Our experienced, laser process engineering team has developed unique welding technologies that provide us the ability to weld exotic grade metals and many types of dissimilar materials. This is especially effective for thin-walled tubular medical components. No filler materials are used in our laser welding processes, which are conducted in an inert atmosphere, including: penetration, spot, seam, structural, and hermetic seal welds. Our laser welding medical device services are offered as a validated process and can be performed in our available Cleanroom environment.
- Stainless to Stainless
- Stainless to Platinum
- Stainless to Kovar
- Stainless to Tantalum
- Molybdenum to Stainless
- Nickel to Nickel
- NiTinol to NiTinol (DFM required)
- Platinum to Platinum
- Titanium to Titanium
- Tungsten to Nickel
- SynchroFlash Machining - Noble SynchroFlash is a new capability that combines Swiss turning & milling with laser machining to create one, highly efficient and cost-effective operation. SynchroFlash provides cost savings, faster production, better quality and higher yields versus competing manufacturing methods, which require multiple, separate processes.
Norman Noble’s prototype machining capabilities for Laser Ablation, Cutting, and Welding are provided using dedicated equipment in our independent Process Development Center. This enables our process development activities to be isolated from the production manufacturing areas. Our experienced team of engineers work within our Process Development Center to develop and validate the most efficient manufacturing methods required to machine your medtech product innovations to exact drawing specifications.
Norman Noble’s expertise in laser machining and welding is a result of decades of hands-on experience. We are dedicated to improving our laser manufacturing capabilities, through the proprietary design of innovative laser machining systems & processes. We are constantly striving to find new and better ways to manufacture our customers’ products that depend on ultra-precision micromachining. Working closely with our customers we are able to develop the most efficient, custom tooling and parameters to manufacture their products. Our Laser Process Development team works with our customers to manufacture very early design stage prototypes, and our technologies often enable the commercialization of next generation medtech products. Our Laser PDC also works closely with our Quality & Process Validation Department and Production staff to ensure a smooth transition from prototype to production.
Inquiries for Laser Machining and Welding projects can be sent to email@example.com or visit our RFQ page.
Nitinol Tubing: Please review our Nitinol Tubing Inventory List of material sizes available for Norman Noble, Inc. process development & manufacturing of NiTinol prototypes. Additional material sizes are available based on project requirements.